Biryani is a traditional and spicy food usually prepared for special occasions. It is a rich food and so delicious. It is famous for its easy cooking but greater taste. This dish is a main dish for fast food shops in India and Bangladesh.
Ingr. Prin .: Birds and Hunting
Style: Home Cooking, Party Kitchen, World Cuisine, Low Cost Kitchen.
Environment: Daily, Celebrations, Friends, Tupper.
To cook biryani we need the following ingredients.
1000 g of chicken (different pieces, all with bone: thigh, contramuslo, breast …)
500 g of basmati rice
250 g of natural yogurt
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon hot pepper or chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 cup of chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon jaifol, jaotry paste
1 teaspoon keora water
1 teaspoon rose water
Salt as needed
- We’ll start by marinating the chicken . To do this, we mix in a bowl all spices and yogurt
- Add chicken , cover with spicy yogurt and keep it covered for at least ½ an
- After the time, we will cook the chicken in a pot.
- Take a big pan, pour 1 cup of oil. Then give some garam masala like elachi, darchini and tejpata.
- Stir them then add the chopped onions. Fry it until it becomes brownish color.
- Then pour the chicken to it and cook well .
- In another pan boil the rice as it becomes hard but boiled.
- Put the rice in a strainer to drain out the extra water.
- Then add the boiled rice and the cooked chicken together. Add the keora water and rose water for a nice fragrance.
- Keep it covered on low flame for ten minutes.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil .
- After about ½ an hour you can serve it.
This is a traditional dish of Indian/bengali origin. It is delicious, easy to prepare and usually enjoyed in celebrations and also daily.
If we do not have garam masala, we can make our own mixture of spices with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, one of ground cloves, one of ground pepper and half of ground nutmeg)